- The elementary school caters for grade 1-5 learners and is designed to build on students’ prior knowledge and understanding. Structured inquiry helps to ignite learners’ curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Our elementary program focusses on the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside. The integrated program follows the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP), a curriculum framework designed for students aged 3 to 12.
- The PYP prepares students for the intellectual challenges of further education and their future careers, focusing on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world.The PYP curriculum is centered on six areas of instruction: language arts, social studies, maths, science, the arts, and physical education. Learning is transdisciplinary in nature, with six units of inquiry being studied during throughout each grade level. Each unit of inquiry guides students to gain an understanding of a central idea and is the foundation of studies across all subjects. Our language arts program is designed to allow students to become confident, competent readers and writers in English, Spanish, and French. There is a strong focus on the use of integrated technology within each unit of inquiry.
- Learning and development are continually assessed through the use of a variety of formative and summative assessment techniques that measure students’ understanding of concepts, knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Portfolios of children’s work illustrate the development of students’ knowledge and understanding of concepts from the six units of inquiry. Detailed reports of learners’ development of the learner profile, learning skills, and attitudes are given to parents twice a year during student-led conferences. MAP assessments are conducted biannually from grade 2 to measure your child’s growth and academic development in the areas of reading, language, math, and science.
- The elementary program is offered at our Santa Fe and Carpatos campuses.
- Athos and Carpatos PYP Coordinator: Veronica Larios
Santa Fe PYP Coordinator: Savannah Spillers